Tips on how you can help reduce GREEN HOUSE GASES and REDUCE GLOBAL WARMING!
- Modify an old incandescent bulb-Style: Buy a more efficient compact fluorescent bulb (CFL) is a simple, cost-effective step can take all Americans. If every family in America changed three bulbs, it would be the equivalent of taking 3.5 million cars off the road. Save 300 pounds. From carbon dioxide and $ 60 per year.
- Inflate your tires: Keep your car's tires properly inflated. Save 250 pounds. From carbon dioxide and $ 840 per year.
- Change your air filter: Check your car \ 'air filter often. Save 800 pounds. From carbon dioxide and $ 130 per year.
- Reduce Garbage: buy products with less packaging and recycle paper, plastic and glass. Save 2000 lbs. From carbon dioxide per year.
- Composting: helping to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases by reducing the number of trips trucks must make to the landfill, as well as the amount of methane released by landfills.
- Use recycled paper: Make sure your printer paper is 100% post-consumer recycled paper. Save 5 pounds. From carbon dioxide per ream of paper.
- Buy Minimally Packaged Goods: Less could reduce packaging waste by about 10%. Save 1200 pounds of carbon dioxide and $ 1000 per year.
- Unplug Clear used Electronics: Even when electronic devices are turned off, they use energy. Save more than 1000 kg of carbon dioxide and 150 dollars per year.
- Planting a tree: Trees provide a microclimate and sustained moisture for you. Trees suck up to carbon dioxide and clean air for us to breath. Save 2000 lbs. From carbon dioxide per year.
- fill the dishwasher: Run your dishwasher only with a full load. Save 100 pounds. From carbon dioxide and $ 40 per year.
- Adjust your thermostat: Move your heating thermostat down two degrees in winter and two degrees in summer. Save 2000 kg of carbon dioxide and $ 98 per year.
- Insulate your water heater: Keep your water heater alone could save 1000 pounds. From carbon dioxide and $ 40 per year.
- Weatherize your home: Caulk and weather-strip doors and windows. Save 1700 lbs. From carbon dioxide and $ 274 per year.
- Mis on a Sweater: Instead of mounting pressure in the house, wear clothes more Save 1000 pounds. From carbon dioxide and $ 250 per year.
- Carpool When You Can: Has a large vehicle? Carpooling with friends and colleagues saves fuel. Save 790 pounds. From carbon dioxide and hundreds of dollars per year.
- Disconnect: Your electric meter is often adding kilowatt hours when we do not think you are using a camera. Unplug the toaster and cell phone chargers and others when they are not in use. N \ 'use air fresheners, which must be plugged in.
- Use power cords: Cable boxes and boxes of video games, and to a lesser extent, television and VCRs, use almost as much energy when they \ 're off than when they \' case. Whether it is easy to turn them all the way off taking a power strip and turn off the whole tape.
Tips: Reduce Global Warming:
- Save 2000 kg of carbon dioxide. Buying products with less packaging and recycle paper, plastic and glass.
- Save more than 100 kg of carbon dioxide and $ 150 annually. Unplug unused electronics.
- Save 100 pounds of carbon dioxide and $ 40 per year. Run your dishwasher only with a full load.
- Turn off your light when you leave the room for more than a minute. It is a myth that the lights turn off and uses more energy!
- Save.5 kg of carbon dioxide per charge. Choose the wash in cold water.
- Red or green on your VCR, TV, DVD, stereo each computer or add $ 70 to your electric bill and create 190 pounds of greenhouse gases by annum.
- Laptops use significantly less energy than desktop computers!
- Recycled paper uses 90% less water and 50% less energy to produce. It also produces 36% less carbon dioxide. Buy Recycled!
- Keep cell phones, laptops, PDAs \ ', MP3 \' s and digital cameras plugged into chargers ways these devices are drawing energy all the time. Unplug when not in use!
- out, and stop! The average computer off than ever produced more than 2000 kg of carbon dioxide per year, compared to 500 for computers that are turned off when not in use.
- 132 gallons of water are needed to produce one pound of potatoes. Beef 26400 gallons .. Agriculture is the main source of carbon dioxide emissions after the energy sector. Ear more grains and fruits and vegetables.
- The car of the average family generates 11800 tonnes of carbon dioxide per year, amounting to more than $ 2500.
- Walk, bike, carpool, and save 1.3 kilograms of greenhouse gases for each gallon of gas you don 'use!
- Using Transport! Over one year, ten thousand daily use of public transport will save 4000 kg of carbon dioxide.